- There were a number of concepts presented this week. A. Which did you know already? B. Which were new to you?
A. The concepts this week related to evaluating web resources I already had knowledge of from previous research projects. My past English instructors have taught me to check credibility and currency. I am also familiar with search engines but not as in depth as I have read since beginning this unit.
B. The concept of "Boolean Operators" was new to me. I am, however, familiar with the words "and" and "not" as being words of fewer or more ideas. I also did not know how to critique websites in such a way that has been presented to me in order to insure effective web researching.
2. If you were given a research assignment and you chose the web as one strategy for your search, name three important evaluation elements you need to consider.
Three important evaluation elements I would consider when researching on the web are:
1. Authority and credibility
2. currency of the information and the website itself
3. the relevance of the information related to my research.

Great!
ReplyDelete